Sunday, August 16, 2009

Rails IDE : How to Install a Plugin in Aptana RadRails Professional ?

My last project using RoR was completed in Nov 2007 on a Windows 2003 Server and it has been functioning perfectly 24x7x365 till todate

Having installed Ubuntu 9.04 on a dated IBM R40e (1G RAM & 75G HDD), I had earlier
a) Installed Ruby on Rails
b) Installed Aptana Studio 1.5 (based on Eclipse 3.2) and found that it needed Sun JRE
c) Installed Sun JRE via Ubuntu's Terminal
d) Installed the RADRails Plugin into Aptana Studio 1.5
e) I then defaulted Aptana Studio to the RadRails Perspective

Since ActiveScaffold was intensively used, I naturally downloaded it and was at a loss as how to install it :-( Then, I remembered that there was a Plugins Tab which should be visible but it wasn;t there :-(

With a bit of exploring Aptana, I click Window/Show View and clicked Rails Plugin and bingo, the Rails Plugin Tab became visible. It was a breeze after that :-(

No comments:

Welcome to Rails.. Rails... Rails !

In 1995, I started the popular Clipper...Clipper... Clipper website (no blogs then) which was very popular and linked by virtually every Clipper-related site. When I switched to Windows via Delphi in 1997, I started the Delphi... Delphi... Delphi site. In June 2007, I discovered Ruby on Rails and no prize for guessing what I am gonna name this blog. which I started on 2nd October 2007.

As at 10th June 2010, we have 13,364 unique visitors from more than 84 countries such as Angola, Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Algeria,Barbados, Bosnia and Herzogovina, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bolivia, Chile, Cambodia, Cape Vede, Canada, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Lithuania, Latvia, Malaysia, Mexico, Macao, Netherlands, Nepal, Norway, New Zealand, Oman, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal,Paraguay , Philippines, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia, South Korea, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, USA, UK, Venezuela, Vietnam

CCH
10th June 2010, 19:42